Are you looking for an idea for decorating a blank wall? Would you like to decorate your living room with family photos, but you don’t know how? You spent all night browsing PIXERS and still you can’t decide which image to choose? We have the ideal solution for you - Select your preferred photos or paintings and arrange a photo gallery wall that will impress your all guests.
Creating a home gallery wall is very easy and entertaining. Besides, it’s a great way to spend a family afternoon – after all, even the little ones can join in and prove to be helpful. If you’ve ever dreamed of being an interior designer, you can test yourself right now and make your dreams come true. Don’t worry, with our mini guide and a handful of inspirations, you’ll handle it just fine.
What should you know before making a gallery wall
- Home gallery walls are a great way to decore walls in places without space for an attractive piece of furniture or any other three-dimensional decoration – hallways and areas above stairs.
- Wall compositions consisting of multiple components are so decorative that efectivelly focus the attention of the viewer. They don’t like the extra competition.
- Controlled chaos is just as good as a perfect order. You can place the photos and images in any desired composition. Below you’ll find dozens of photos to inspire you.
- Don’t be afraid to combine different materials, colors ans symbols. If you want to create a composition inspired by a vacation by the sea, you can hang on the wall also shells and maps. Nice words will be also welcomed.
- To avoid the impression of total randomness, try to stick to some selected key, like a color scheme of works or frames or a similar theme of photos and paintings. If you are afraid that the composition may look to chaotic, put on the best practices – a juxtaposition of several similar paintings or different photos in the same frames, will always look good.
- Remember that wall galleries composed of different photos and paintings, feel best on the bright and homogeneous backgroung.
- Don’t hesitate to kill two birds with one stone and use a home gallery to hide defects of the wall. A photo will perfectly hide every stain or crack.
That’s all. Now, have a look at our inspirations. Do you like them?
The sources of our inspiration: INSIDE DESIGN CO, The Design Files, Apartment Therapy, Bright Bazaar, Carot Thrift, Coco Cozy, decor8, Better Homes and Gardens, Pinterest, Vintage Wren, Picklee, Pilarr, Home & Garden, Design Sponge, Dekoratorium, Young House Love, design scouting, Scrap Me Baby, 1510 farmhouse fancy, Beautiful Inspirations, Dream fun House, The Selby, Sweet Chaos Home, Everyday Emily.